Ecole Nationale Supérieure de l'Electronique et de ses Applications (ENSEA)
University Info | International Student Info
- One of the renowned public French "Ecole d'Ingénieur."
- Lectures, tutorials and labs in French and English in small dedicated groups with French Language & Culture as well.
- Research laboratory opportunities under tutored supervision.
- A human-size institution that will help you to make the most of your European international experience.
- If you draw a straight line along the center of Paris through the Louvre, Tuileries gardens, Concorde, Triumph Arc, La Défense and further, you will find CERGY along that line!
ENSEA is a Graduate School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science & Telecommunications, located in the suburbs of Paris, in the university town of Cergy-Pontoise, 40 minutes by train, from Paris.
It was founded in 1952, has more than 7,000 alumni, a student population of 1,000, with 90 tenured professors, 180 visiting professors from industry & partner institutions, 2 research groups (Information Processing and System Research Lab- Electronics, Complex Systems Lab), 38 student associations, and 140 foreign partner institutions across the world.
ENSEA Flyer 2016
Terms of Exchange
- Undergraduate students: Accepted
- Graduate students: Accepted
- Computer Science majors: Accepted
Research opportunities are also available.
- Students should have the equivalent of a 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA grade scale. Borderline students may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students must be in their third or fourth year of study during the exchange period.
Language of Instruction
French and English
- Courses in English available for undergraduate students (junior/senior level) only during the spring semester in the FAME program.
- Courses in English (in Bioengineering or Telecommunications) available for graduate students only during the fall semester.
- Students who have a B1 or B2 level of French language can take courses in French in the fall and spring.
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
Academic Calendar | Semester Dates (including exam period)
- Fall: September to mid-January
- Spring: mid-January to mid-June
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science & Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Signal Processing
- Power Electronics
- Instrumentation & Biosciences
- Control of Systems
Course Descriptions - as of Sept 2016
FAME program courses in English
Workload per Semester
30 ECTS credits = 15 US Credits
Additional Application Materials
Students nominated by IIE to ENSEA must also submit an application form (GE3/ENSEA), program of intended studies, resume, cover letter, 1 letter of recommendation & official transcripts.
Recommendation letter from a professor or academic staff:
Students will receive their acceptance packet at the end of May for Fall and at the end of October for Spring.
ENSEA does not have on-campus housing, but off-campus residences are close by, within walking distance. There are more than 14 student residences in Cergy. ENSEA provides assistance for housing to all international students thanks to the agreement signed with the Regional Student Facilities Center which manages most student residences.
Estimated Cost of Living
Incoming Students Guide
Food/meals – 250 Euros a month
Housing – 650 Euros a month
Local transportation – 75 Euros per month (transportation card to Paris)
Office Responsible for International Exchange Students
International Relations Office | email@example.com
6, Avenue du Ponceau 95014 CERGY-PONTOISE, FRANCE
A University Town
ENSEA, together with 20 other higher education institutions, share the same diverse and multidisciplinary campus.It offers a whole range of indoor and outdoor activities and facilities such as water sports on Cergy’s lake, music festivals, concerts, cinema, theatres, swimming pools, tennis courts, a skating rink…
ENSEA hosts 38 student organizations and provides them with technical and financial support.These organisations offer a wide range of opportunities for personal development, managerial and creative skills. Motivated students can take leadership positions in the Student Union or the student entrepreneurial organization.