Go to "How to Apply" for information on the application process.
Fall / Academic Year,
|Program Sponsor:||Global E3|
|Disciplines Available (engineering or related field):||Biomedical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronic, Engineering Management, Materials Science & Engrg, Mechanical, Systems||Graduate Students Accepted?:||No|
|Courses Available in English?:||Yes|
City University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong, CHINA
Language of Instruction
The medium of instruction is English unless otherwise specified.
CityU offers professional education that prepares its students for the challenges and exciting opportunities opening up in Hong Kong, the Asia-Pacific region and throughout the world in business, science and engineering, energy and environment, law, creative media and social sciences. Through its extensive links with relevant industries, CityU provides real-life opportunities for students to work with and learn from professionals in the workplace, from bachelor degrees and postgraduate studies to associate degrees and continuing education.
CityU has achieved phenomenal growth since its establishment as a University in 1994. To date, it has a student population of more than 20,000 enrolled in more than 130 programmes at the associate degree, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
TERMS OF EXCHANGE
- Undergraduate Students: Accepted
- Graduate Students: NOT Accepted
- Computer Science Majors: Accepted
One term or one academic year.
TOEFL:79 (ibt) or IELTS 6.5 or Chinese Mainland’s College English Test: Band 6
Can be waived if English is the teaching media at the home university.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE)
- Biology and Chemistry (BCH)
- Computer Science (CS)
- Electronic Engineering (EE)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering (MBE)
- Physics and Materials Science (AP)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering Management (SEEM
Additional application materials?
- Applicants must submit their application via online system : Account registration / Application login
- Academic Transcript
- Application for Student Residence
- Application form for Visa (ID995A)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university)
- Request for Visa Sponsorship & Student's Agreement
- Declaration by Financial Sponsor (Sample)
- Photocopies of financial documents under the name of applicant, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, scholarship award notification, tax receipts and salary slips. If you are financially sponsored by another party, provide the sponsor's financial statements (do not send original documents as, once submitted, all documents are irretrievable)
When will students receive their acceptance package?
Fall semester: late June
Spring semester: Mid November
COURSE REGISTRATION AND ACADEMIC INFORMATION
- Fall: September to December
- Spring: January to May
Workload per semester
Exchange students MUST register for at least 12 credits BUT not more than 18 credits in a single semester.
A minimum of 9 credits per semester should be taken from courses offered by departments of the College of Science and Engineering.
Is on-campus accommodation available to exchange students?
Yes, exchange students may apply for accommodation at Student Residence. However, the provision of on-campus accommodation is not guaranteed.
When can exchange students move-in to the Hall of Residence?
The earliest check-in date for the Hall of Residence is one week before the semester start date.
Refer to the Global Services Office and Hong Kong Immigration Department for further details and procedures. Students are encouraged to apply for student visa to Hong Kong via CityU. CityU may act as local sponsor of exchange students who are accepted for admission and meet Hong Kong visa application requirements.
It is mandatory for non-local students (including exchange students) to have insurance.
Students must purchase insurance for themselves before they come to Hong Kong. The insurance should include, but not limited to, medical and travel insurance that will cover the entire period of their study in Hong Kong. If they are unable to do so or wish to have additional insurance coverage, they may enroll in the ‘Group Personal Accident Insurance & Medical Benefits Insurance Plan for Non-local Students’ contracted by CityU.
When should I arrive?
Students can arrive a week before the semester start date.
Is airport reception available?
Yes, scheduled shuttle bus service from Hong Kong International Airport to CityU Student Residence at Cornwall Street will normally be provided during the orientation week (Mon-Fri). Reservation is required.
Is there any bank on campus?
Yes, please visit the Hang Seng Bank website for more information.
ESTIMATED COST OF LIVING
Office responsible for incoming exchange students
Name: Miss Vincy CHAN
Post: Outbound Exchange Coordinator
Name: Ms Tammy CHAN
Post: Inbound Exchange Coordinator
Telephone: (852) 3442-6562
Fax: (852) 3442-0106